Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School respects the ten principles for the protection of personal information:
- Accountability: Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School is accountable for the protection of personal information within its possession or control. If you have questions or concerns regarding your personal information, please address them to Lana@LanaBoyuk.com
- Identifying Purposes: Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School will identify the reason for collecting personal information before or at the time of collection. Unless required by law, Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School will not use or disclose, for any new purpose, personal information that has been collected without first identifying and documenting the new purpose and obtaining from you.
- Consent: Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School may ask for your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of personal information as a condition of the supply of a product or service. You give your implied consent when you use a product or service offered by Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School. You can withdraw your consent at any time subject to legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Just contact Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School to receive more information regarding the implications of withdrawing your consent.
- Limited Collection: Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School will not require you to consent the collection of personal information beyond that required to fulfill the specific, legitimate purpose to offer the product or purpose.
- Limited Use, Disclosure and Retention: Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School may use or disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent in the case of an emergency where the life, health or security of an individual is threatened. Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School may disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent to a lawyer representing the Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School, to collect a debt, to comply with a subpoena, warrant or other court order, or as may be otherwise required by law. Only those at Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School who require access to your personal information for business reasons will be granted access to your personal information – in other words – only those who need to know will have access to any personal information. And if they need to know – they only will get access to the scope of personal information required to do a specific business purpose. Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School may engage employees, contractors or other companies and third parties to perform services for Hydro Ottawa that involve access to personal information. These third parties may be located outside of Ontario or Canada. Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School shall keep personal information only as long as it remains necessary or relevant for the identified purposes or as required by law. Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School shall maintain reasonable controls and practices for information and records retention and destruction which apply to personal information that is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purposes or required by law to be retained. Such information shall be destroyed, erased or made anonymous.
- Accuracy: Personal information used by Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School shall be sufficiently accurate, complete and up-to-date. Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School shall update personal information about you as and when necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or upon notification by you.
- Safeguards: Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School shall protect personal information against such risks as loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification or destruction, through appropriate security measures. Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School shall protect personal information disclosed to third parties by communicating the confidentiality of the information, the purposes for which it is to be used, limits on the number of persons whose job function requires access to the information, and the physical and procedural security measures required to safeguard that information.
- Openness: Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School is committed to making information about this policy easy to understand, accessible and updated.
- Individual Access: Upon request, customers may obtain information regarding the type, use and disclosure of his, or her, personal information that Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School has in its possession and control. Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School may require that a customer provide satisfactory proof of identity prior to obtaining access to his or her Personal Information. Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic School may charge a nominal fee for responding to such request.
- Challenging Compliance: Any customer may challenge Lana Boyuk / Inner Mystic Schools’ compliance with this privacy statement by contacting the contact information set out above under the heading “Accountability”.